lørdag den 29. januar 2011

Districts

After having made the basic map, I start filling in the districts. I start out with the center of the city.

City Works has different city profiles that give different rations of districts. I'm going to start out with the "fading city" which gives a larger than normal ratio of slums. Then after I've created the city, I'll choose areas to have fallen into ruin.

First we have the city in its glory days.


It's a shame that I didn't get to use the hills more, but I'll probably place a necropolis up in the northwestern hills, and maybe add a smaller city to the southeast.

While making the map, I've also come to the conclusion that the setting will be at least slightly industrialized. The industrial districts will be protected by the Industrialists Guild, who rule the areas with an iron hand. The most important consequence from the point of adventurers will be that black powder weapons and other "high tech" equipment will be available. All in moderation though. To start I'll only use the stuff that is described in the basic book (which does include black powder weapons), given that the point of the exercise is to try out the system.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar